Another transport success story
We have been involved in numerous schemes including Docklands Light Rail, Manchester Metrolink, Nottingham Express Transit and Croydon Tramlink, all of which in addition to the above benefits, have provided a catalyst for regeneration and a much needed economic boost, whilst also helping to decarbonise the transport network. As such, we are well-versed in working within various consenting regimes including Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Act Orders and Hybrid Bills.
Through a dedicated team of specialists, we help clients realise the full potential of schemes/programmes. We work with local transport authorities and passenger transport executives (for example Transport for London and Transport for Greater Manchester), light rail construction contractors and operators.
Our experience and range of expertise allows us to undertake commissions both large and small. We can add particular value with a life-cycle, solutions-based and pragmatic approach for our clients, from pre-consent initial feasibility through to post-consent construction and operational support.
Our services in the LRT sector include:
- feasibility and options appraisals;
- sustainability appraisals;
- supporting business case requirements with environmental and sustainability inputs, including WebTAG;
- support to the engineering design teams through concept / outline design through to detailed design;
- strategic environmental assessments and environmental impact assessments, including screening and scoping;
- socio-economic and social value assessments;
- support for public exhibitions and consultations;
- traffic, sound noise and vibration, air quality, climate change/greenhouse gas emissions modelling;
- pre and post consent ecological and arboricultural surveys such as tree preservation orders advice; and
- construction and operational environment management systems and ongoing monitoring.