We offer the full range of ecology and arboricultural services, tailored to the specific requirements of our clients and their projects.
Working seamlessly with our sister company, The Ecology Consultancy, our team of experts combine consistently high quality and exceptional technical delivery with a fully integrated and managed service to meet the individual needs of every client across all sectors.
With extensive experience in assessing the ecological value of sites for the purposes of development, research and conservation; we provide a complete ecology service, from fieldwork and baseline survey to impact assessment, biodiversity management, project design and expert witness advice.
By understanding the importance of the different stages and issues that are involved with ecology and development, we help our clients gain planning permission by being responsive to their needs with a real awareness of their deadlines, priorities and required outcomes.
In doing so we offer practical and realistic advice on ecological constraints and opportunities, to inform solutions that balance commercial and design needs with wildlife policy and law.
Our mainstream ecology services include:
- Protected Species Surveys, Habitat Surveys and Ecological Impact Assessments – including Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA).
- Mitigation, Habitat Creation and Habitat Management Services – including the translocation of protected species and habitat (re)creation as part of the consent process.
- Ecology value and quality standards – for example Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology (BREEAM), Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH) and Civil Engineering Environmental Quality (CEEQUAL).
- Arboriculture services and BS 5837 Tree Reports – including Tree Surveys, Impact Assessments, and Mitigation and Planting Plans.
- Spatial Mapping, Visualization and Analysis (GIS) – including BS42020:2013 recommended Ecological Constraints and Opportunity Plans (ECOPs).
In addition we offer more specialist research, policy and consultation advice on such aspects as biodiversity offsetting, natural capital and the monetary value of ecosystem services and biodiversity.