The Elizabeth line is the new high frequency, high capacity railway for London and the South East. Once opened, The Elizabeth Line trains will travel from Reading and Heathrow in the west to Shenfield and Abbey Wood in the east.
Crossrail, named the ‘Elizabeth Line’ is a new 73-mile railway line in the United Kingdom. The project required over 50 kilometres of new track, 42 kilometres of new tunnels, 10 new stations, integration of three signalling systems and upgrades across existing infrastructure including to 30 existing stations. It is expected to serve around 200 million people annually, give 1.5 million additional people access to central London within 45 minutes and reduce journey times.
Temple worked with the Client’s Sustainability and Consents team. We managed multiple stations, shafts, portals and route wide Crossrail Contracts to ensure that Tier 1 Contractors were compliant with Crossrail’s Works Information and the Environmental Minimum Requirements.
- Considerable experience in conducting construction environment management on major complex projects
- Technical resources and understanding as well as soft skills to build meaningful relationships
- Collaborative working approach with the Client, Stakeholders, Regulatory and Consenting Authorities
- Flexibility to respond to a complex and challenging brief often within tight timescales
- Ensuring legal compliance with applicable environmental legislation and with the Crossrail’s Works Information
- Providing direction, support and assistance to Crossrail and Contractor project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental duties and responsibilities
- Environmental focused site walkovers and inspections
- Environmental Management System audits of procedures and processes for compliance
- Assisting with BREEAM evidence compilation
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and local neighbours
- Environmental incident and complaint management (reporting, investigation and close out)
- Consents management
- Reviews of environmental documentation such as Environmental Management Plans and sub-plans