One of the largest planning applications in the UK has been submitted to build up to 10,800 new homes at the Barking Riverside site in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. The completed development will raise the Borough’s population by around 15%.
One of the largest planning applications in the UK has been submitted to build up to 10,800 new homes at the Barking Riverside site in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. The application for developing 173ha of former industrial land also includes a variety of community and social facilities, including schools, health care, retail and related employment opportunities. The completed development will raise the Borough’s population by around 15%.
The Temple team continued our previous work and relationship with Barking Riverside where we conducted an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) with accompanying Environmental Statement (ES) for submission with the planning application into the delivery phase. We deployed a comprehensive CEM service that incorporated the implementation of various construction documentation, such as the CoCP, CEMP and waste and resources management plan, as well as conducting regular site inspections to monitor compliance. We also delivered interactive workshops to the site team on the project’s environmental obligations.
By incorporating this process, environment management is considered at every stage of the Barking Riverside scheme from pre-consent throughout delivery providing a high level of environmental assurance.
- We have considerable experience in conducting construction environment management on major complex projects.
- We have the technical resource and understanding, coupled with the extensive experience, to manage this challenging project.
- We work collaboratively with the client, and stakeholders, to deliver a tailored environment management approach.
- We have the flexibility to respond to a complex and challenging brief often within tight timescales.
- Environment Management site support
- Preparation of construction environment documentation
- Consent identification and compliance
- Construction monitoring e.g. air quality and noise and vibration.
- Audits and inspections
- Environment training and workshops
Temple had an excellent positive impact on time, cost and quality and were very flexible and proactive with changing requirements David Rawlins, Principal Advisor Construction Health, Safety and Environment, Barking Riverside