Deploying planning, EIA and sustainability expertise to support the client’s planning application.
Plans for a holistic development combining housing with extensive infrastructure and landscaping, were accompanied by an EIA and additional specialist input.
A planning application was submitted by our client, Persimmon Homes Ltd, to build 145 houses with associated infrastructure and landscaping on a 6ha site in North Heybridge, Essex. The application required an accompanying Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) with specialist input and management from Temple Group in a number of key areas.
We conducted the planning application and a number of accompanying assessments including sustainability, site waste management, energy and EIA. The application covered such issues as housing need and capacity, transport, air quality, noise, sustainability and socio-economic impacts and employment. We were able to demonstrate sufficient in-house expertise and meet the requirements of the relevant local authority; Maldon District Council.
- A range of technical/specialist services required for the application and EIA, including planning, EIA delivery and sustainability in line with local authority requirements; and
- Strategic advice on wider developments in the area, development plan policy and housing delivery.
- We submitted a valid EIA application within 3 months.
- We had the in-house resources to complete an EIA application in an extremely tight timescale.
- We were able to help the client incorporate 50% more houses than sought by the Council.