Verifying the client’s carbon footprint.
Independent verification was required by Henderson Global Investors to provide best practice insights and ensure compliance with relevant external standards.
Our financial services client required independent verification of its carbon footprints for the years 2012 and 2013. The footprints covered the firm’s 17 global offices and included Scope 1, 2 and 3 (direct and indirect) emissions.
We assessed both the online system used to collect and analyse the data to deliver an objective verification statement on the accuracy of the footprint reported.
- The client’s carbon footprint;
- The systems used to measure it; and
- Year-on-year emissions changes in accordance with ISO 14064-3:2006.
- Best practice insights based on our carbon footprinting experience for the transport, development and construction sectors.
- We are able to deploy a dedicated team of suitably qualified carbon and sustainability specialists with a good knowledge of appropriate reporting tools.
- Our work is fully compliant with ISO 14064 and can be used for submission to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and other reporting schemes and standards.
- We can hep to improve the accuracy of a carbon footprint as well as increasing scores under the CDP.
“Since 2012 we have used Temple to independently review the processes we use and to validate our annual greenhouse gas (GHG) footprint. This has given all our stakeholders a greater level of assurance in the data we provide in our GHG reporting. We now include Temple’s summary report in our annual CDP response submission, helping us to move us into The CDP Climate Performance Leadership Index 2014.” Fred Kinahan, Director of Facilities, Henderson Global Investors