Temple is one of the UK’s leading independent environmental consultancies, specialising in environmental assessments, planning, policy advice and sustainability. With a team comprised of some of the most talented people in the industry, we enjoy working on the most exciting and complex projects, where clients can leverage the full value of our insight and commitment.
Our current work portfolio includes Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and other support for HS2, Crossrail 2, iconic property developments and developing effective climate change strategies setting a low carbon future that will impact on the lives of many people.
We currently provide expert advice to governments, agencies, companies and major infrastructure projects to help them reduce GHG emissions and adapt to the impacts of unavoidable future climate change. We carry out a wide range of bespoke planning, technical and environmental assessment projects – everything from air quality monitoring, climate change policy analysis, through to expert witness support in relation to aviation noise. We also provide technical support to clients in the private and public sectors, at local and national levels both in the UK and overseas.
Looking for an opportunity to advance your career in consultancy within a supportive environment?
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Senior or Principal (depending on experience) Arboricultural Consultant to assist with and carry out Arboricultural surveys and reports. The post will be based in our Midlands office with hybrid home working also an option. The project-based nature of our work means that there will also be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts, in particular in the Midlands and North of England
The Senior or Principal Arboricultural Consultant will be involved in all areas of tree survey work, including.
- Undertaking BS 5837 surveys and reports.
- Tree condition surveys.
- Communicating with clients and landowners.
- Producing maps in CAD (Tree Constraints Plans, Tree Retention and Removal Plans and Tree Protection Plans.
- Contributing to budgets, forecasts and financial analysis.
- Compiling complex fee quotes.
- Project management and performance.
- Training and mentoring junior team members.
- Participate in marketing and developing the arboricultural services offered to new and existing clients.
- Providing support to the business unit management team and colleagues in the wider business.
The successful candidates will:
- Have degree or minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification i.e. FdSc Arb, HNC Arb, AA Tech Cert, NDip Arb.
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in arboricultural consultancy or related work.
- Have excellent knowledge of BS5837, the planning system in relation to trees, and TPO/CA restrictions.
- Be highly competent in surveying trees for hazards, identifying pathogens and assessing tree physiology.
- Be competent in preparing Tree Constraints Plans, Tree Retention and Removal Plans and Tree Protection Plans in CAD/AutoCAD.
- Be competent in prescribing tree works and creating works orders for contractors and clients.
- Have proven project and staff management experience.
- Have experience of reviewing others’ work.
- Be confident working as part as a multi-disciplinary team and also lone working.
- Have experience in managing a range of large, medium sized and smaller projects concurrently with regular favourable project profitability.
- Have excellent IT skills including MS Office.
- Have a full clean UK driving licence.
Desirable but not essential:
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection Certificate (PTI).
- Professional membership to the Arboricultural Association.
- Register Of Land-based Operatives (ROLO).
- CSCS Card.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary on a scale commensurate with experience.
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service).
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days offered through our staff engagement and development initiative.
- Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking co-workers.
- Fantastic training.