Better connections for London.
The extension of the Northern line to Battersea Power Station enabling regeneration of Vauxhall, Nine Elms and Battersea.
As part of the wider regeneration of Vauxhall, Nine Elms and Battersea, an extension of the Charing Cross branch of the Northern line has been promoted by Transport for London.
The extension will comprise two new 3.2km running tunnels joining the existing network at Kennington and terminating at Battersea Power Station. The scheme will include two new stations at Nine Elms and Battersea Power Station and two new ventilation shafts at Kennington Green and Kennington Park. Construction began in early 2015 by the Ferrovial Agroman and Laing O’Rourke JV (FLO) and is targeted for completion in 2020.
Due to the urban setting of the main construction sites the control of noise, vibration and air quality arising from the works is key. We have been appointed as noise, vibration and air quality expert advisors by FLO.We are working as an integrated part of the FLO environment team, collaborating on:
- Environmental management plans;
- The section 61 consenting process; and
- Monitoring and reporting of the noise, vibration and air quality at all four works sites.
We have been contracted to implement a sophisticated integrated monitoring system which will report noise, vibration, air quality and weather data within a single web-based system; this has allowed for self-delivery of routine reporting by FLO.
Through use of Temples’ Audio Demonstrator we have also enabled the benefits of industry leading noise control measures in the form of acoustic sheds to be presented to the community liaison groups in an intuitive interactive manor.
- Innovative and flexible approach to the delivery of environmental monitoring of construction projects enabling self-delivery of routine reporting.
- Expertise in delivering and managing complex noise and vibration assessments on inner city construction sites.
- Our track record and experience engaging with local residents and key stakeholders (including local authorities) assisting with the liaison and dialogue with the Community Liaison Group.
- A large team who are available to attend site at short notice.