Successful development schemes are built on firm foundations.
We work with clients, often at the early design stages of a scheme, to ensure a viable and appropriate development strategy is produced. This can involve looking at factors such as a scheme’s density and layout, as well as the expectations and requirements of a local council and other stakeholders.
Through working with both developers and local authorities, we understand the wider context of the housing market – the expected parameters for development at national and local level and the elements which make a scheme viable. We can help to bring the different strands together before the submission of a planning application.
Our Development Strategy service involves collaboration with the architect and other interested parties. This can involve achieving the right blend of affordable residential and commercial property as part of a mixed development. In getting the balance right we may be able to increase the capacity of a scheme while also helping to avoid costly delays and pitfalls once an application has been submitted.
- Early stage collaboration on the make up of a scheme.
- Identifying opportunities to increase capacity.
- Advising on the right level of affordable housing.
- Understanding the practical requirements of a local council.
- Understanding a scheme in its wider context.
- University College London Hospital
- London Borough of Camden