Acoustics and Air Quality
We provide a range of specialist acoustic and air quality services.
These cover all stages of the project life cycle, from initial desktop studies to expert witness support at a public inquiry. Our services are being deployed on high profile schemes such as Crossrail and HS2 and on numerous smaller projects, where specialist acoustics and air quality input is an essential part of the process.
We deliver a technical service which is tailored to the needs and priorities of each individual client. This can vary depending on the service we provide from a large-scale infrastructure Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), through to construction noise and vibration advice and monitoring, as well as architectural acoustics design. We can present and explain the impact of different noise levels to help realise the full potential of a development.
Due to the strength of our in house team of acoustics experts, we can provide the following end-to-end service over the project life-cycle:
- Early stage appraisal and desktop modelling and potential mitigation measures.
- Noise modelling and assessment to support planning submissions often as part of an EIA.
- Public consultation and stakeholder engagement.
- Expert witness at public inquiry.
- Architectural acoustic design advice.
- Consent services and ongoing monitoring – e.g. for construction.
Our agility allows us to meet the particular needs of each client. We take time to understand what will work for your project and then we deliver.
In common with acoustics, we tailor our air quality services to meet the needs of each client. This may mean monitoring air quality in relation to a high profile project while also helping the client engage with relevant local authorities. It could mean running a wide-ranging public consultation programme before assembling relevant data for an EIA report.
Our services extend from support for private and public sector clients at the pre-consent stage to ongoing monitoring throughout the construction process. Providing relevant authorities with the evidence that consent requirements have been carried out can be an important part of what we do.
Our main air quality services include:
- Initial desktop studies and site visits to highlight key sensitive receptors.
- Baseline monitoring to determine air quality prior to a planning application or prior to demolition and construction.
- Data gathering and reports for an EIA, where required as part of a planning application.
- Air quality monitoring, management and reporting during construction and the early operation of a facility.
- Contributions to policy development for bodies such as the Environment Industry Commission (EIC) and Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).
- Network Rail
- St James
- BAM, Ferrovial, Kier (BFK)
- UK Power Networks (UKPN)
- Ferrovial Laing O’Rourke JV (FLO)